Deliver Email With Amazon SES In A Rails app
Add the gem:
gem "aws-ses", "~> 0.6.0", :require => 'aws/ses'
to Gemfile and run bundle. Add:
ActionMailer::Base.add_delivery_method :ses, AWS::SES::Base, access_key_id: ENV['AMAZON_ACCESS_KEY'], secret_access_key: ENV['AMAZON_SECRET_KEY']
config/initializers/amazon_ses.rb. Configure deliver method in
config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :ses
Other email settings are:
config.action_mailer.perform_deliveries = true config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true
After you signup for SES, you must request daily email limit according to your needs. Otherwise, you will not be able to send any emails.
You can use the mailer to deliver the email in the background:
ActionMailer will now be able to use SES to send emails.
Ace the Technical Interview
- Easily find the gaps in your knowledge
- Get customized lessons based on where you are
- Take consistent action everyday
- Builtin accountability to keep you on track
- You will solve bigger problems over time
- Get the job of your dreams
Take the 30 Day Coding Skills Challenge
Gain confidence to attend the interview