Docker Basics : Rebuilding Images
We will upgrade Ruby and Learn how to rebuild images.
Change the Ruby version in Dockerfile:
You can see all the available tags for Ruby here: https://github.com/docker-library/docs/tree/master/ruby
$ docker build -t bparanj/hello .
This will rebuild the image. When you run the app you will see the Ruby version is 2.2.2.
You can also check the list of images by doing:
$ docker images
You can verify the Ruby version by going into the container:
$ docker run -i -t bparanj/hello /bin/bash
root@0503074f21c9:/app# ruby -v
You will see:
ruby 2.2.2p95 (2015-04-13 revision 50295) [x86_64-linux]
You can download the code from here: https://github.com/bparanj/hello
In this article, we saw how we can upgrade Ruby by specifying the Ruby version in the Dockerfile and rebuilding the image.
Ace the Technical Interview
- Easily find the gaps in your knowledge
- Get customized lessons based on where you are
- Take consistent action everyday
- Builtin accountability to keep you on track
- You will solve bigger problems over time
- Get the job of your dreams
Take the 30 Day Coding Skills Challenge
Gain confidence to attend the interview